The safety and health of our customers and technicians and other employees is our highest priority. We will continue to follow the guidance of the CDC and local public health officials as we adjust our business practices in order to address current challenges.
We understand that whether you have a new or old vehicle, safety is paramount. We all rely on our cars to transport us and our loved ones on a daily basis. Our main goal is to get you and your vehicle back on the road safely and quickly.
First, we want you to know that we are taking the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic seriously. As COVID-19 (Coronavirus) continues to affect the way we live, work, and interact, we want to ensure your needs are cared for, while also providing a safe environment for our customers, technicians and employees.
We are adopting the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and are requiring that the following steps to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning of the service locations, technician’s vehicles, tablets and tools with disinfectant or alcohol wipes multiple times throughout the day.
- The technician will be using single one-time use safety gloves during the service.
- The technicians have increased washing hands with soap and water where possible. If soap and water are not available, use alcohol wipes or hand sanitizer.
- We encourage our customers to join us with frequent hand washing and the use of hand sanitizers.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow, not your hands.
- When a technician arrives at your location or is visiting one of our service centers, the technicians will be greeting you from a social distance without a handshake.
- Please leave your keys in your vehicle and please do not hand them to a technician.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely to keep you and our technicians safe.
We appreciate your business.
Additional CDC guidelines can be found on the CDC website.